Basic Quinoa Breakfast Porridge
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk alternative)
- 1 13.5 oz can organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- cinnamon to taste
- cardamon to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- cream of tarter to taste
- pumpkin spice to taste
- ginger to taste
- fruit (berries, sliced peaches, sliced apples, sliced bananas, sliced mango, raisins, dates etc...)
- nuts & seeds (almonds, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, hemp hearts, flaxseeds etc...)
- Unsweetened cocoa or cacao
- Dried coconut flakes
- Bring quinoa and almond milk to a boil in a sauce pan over high heat on the stove.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-13 mins.
- Add in coconut milk and spices - mix together.
- Cover and continue to simmer on low another 2-5 mins (or until desired constancy in reached).
- Spoon into bowls, add toppings of your choice and enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for about 1 week